Your hairstyle is an important part of your life, therefore, ensuring your hair looks natural and healthy is all aimed at. However, this is not an easy job because our hair is regularly exposed to the sun and wind, which cause it damage, and there are also factors such as genetics that contribute to hair loss.
Losing your hair in normal amounts is not threatening or worrying, but then again, those who have thicker hair may need to take some action. Nonetheless, along with the aging process, the amount of hair an individual loses gradually rises, making both men and women looking for a way to promote hair growth.
Bearing in mind how precious our hair is, we present you with a list of home remedies that stimulate hair growth.
Remedies that promote hair growth
- Potato juice
The fact that most of us are not familiar with is that potato juice can cure the thinning of the hair. In addition, this vegetable is rich in vitamins such as A, C, and B, perfect for your hair because hair damage and hair loss are usually the cause of vitamin deficiency. These properties make potato juice a great ingredient in a mask:
- 1 tbs honey
- 3 potatoes
- Egg yolk from 1 egg
- The first step is to squeeze out the juice from the potatoes
- Next, the needed amount of honey and egg yolk should be added
- Then mix these ingredients well and apply the mixture on your scalp and let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Finally, wash it off using a mild shampoo and warm water
The honey and egg yolk provide this hair mask with additional moisture, which makes the mask the perfect remedy for those with dry hair.
Furthermore, just putting potato juice directly on your hair is also a great option. Take three or four potatoes, squeeze the juice out of them and massage your scalp with it for about 15 minutes. Once done, rinse off using warm water.
- Apple cider vinegar
Including apple cider vinegar into your hair-care routine will be one of the best things you have done to your hair. by maintaining the PH balance of the hair follicles, ACV stimulates their growth. The best way to use this remedy is as an after-rinse. Just add ACV and water to your final rinse.
However, some people are not sure about the smell it leaves behind, but there is a solution to everything. Add a few drops of whichever essential oil you prefer to the mixture of ACV and water, and problems solving.
- Ayurvedic herbs
Not only is Indian gooseberry rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, but it also improves hair color and promotes hair growth by fighting off free radicals.
Moreover, the easiest way to use alma powder (2teaspoons) is by combining it with lime juice (2teaspoons) and using the mix to scrub your scalp. When done, rinse off with water.
Another more efficient option regarding alma is using it as an ingredient in a homemade shampoo. To make this possible, you will need only three remedies: reetha, shikakai, and alma.
- 2 liters of water
- 100 g of Indian gooseberry (alma)
- 100 g shikakai
- 100 g of soapnut (reetha)
- Leave the three main ingredients (the herbs) to soak overnight.
- The next morning, put the herbs in a bowl filled with the needed water and boil them until the water reduces to half.
- Then let it cool off for a while and when it does, take the herbs and mash them into a pulp.
- Finally, strain it and transfer it into a clean bottle.
How to use this herb-shampoo
- This is no regular shampoo which means it is used specifically.
- Before you apply the shampoo, your hair must be wet. Once applied, let it sit and soak in for about 5 minutes.
- When done, wash off with water and remember to apply conditioner after.
- Onion juice
Apart from being used in the kitchen and alternative medicine, onions are also a part of the beauty practice. Onions can boost the production of collagen tissues, which play a big role in the hair-grow process.
- Take at least two or three onions, first grate them and then squeeze out the juice
- Now massage your scalp and then let the onion juice sit for a minimum of 15 minutes
- When done, wash off using warm water
An extra tip for last
The most important part of a hair-care routine that ensures hair growth is massaging your scalp at least once or twice a week using the essential oil of your choice. All you need to do is warm a little coconut or olive oil, for example, and gently rub it on your scalp.