There are a lot of benefits that you can get by consuming a healthy amount of carrots every day.
Believe it or not, but people in the past thought that this food is not edible and didn’t consume it. But, as the years passed by they figured out that this veggie can be very helpful indeed and started eating it. In today’s post we’re going to uncover the top five benefits and reasons why you should consume carrots and carrot leaves.
5 reasons why you should eat carrot and carrot leaves:
1. They are rich in chlorophyll:
Humans are in need of chlorophyll almost as much as plants need it. And because of the similarities it has with blood it can purify it if consumed properly, and this means that you’ll be able to eliminate the toxic ingredients from your blood very fast!
The chlorophyll is also an amazing and potent antioxidant that can protect you from cancer with its ability to eliminate the carcinogens from your body. And there are a lot of people who actually consume it as a supplement to help them fight off cancer.
2. Purify your kidneys:
You are putting your kidneys at risk in everyday scenarios. Either when you’re holding down to your pee for too long or when you are not drinking enough water. You can counteract this problem by consuming a healthy dosage of carrot leaves and they’re going to filtrate all of the impurities.
The bitter taste of the carrot leaves comes from the natural diuretic and the purifying properties that they have. These in term stimulates your kidneys to produce more urine which ends with eliminating the kidneys from all of the toxins. This can also be helpful for people suffering from kidney stones because they have the ability to dissolve them!
3. It improves the health of the colon:
The colon plays an important role in the body. It carries all of the toxins out of the body and if it stops functioning like it should health problems are going to start appearing. And if you want to keep it functioning like it should than you should increase your daily fiber intake. By doing this you are going to improve your digestion because of the added volume that fiber adds to feces.
4. Keep your bones strong:
Carrot leaves are more nutritious than carrots themselves, rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, vitamins A and K.
All of these are important to strong and healthy bones, particularly because as you get older, your bones become more fragile and the bone mass begins to lose. Eating carrots will provide your bones with the nutrients required to maintain stability, particularly for postmenopausal women at increased risk of developing osteoporosis.
5. Healthy Eyes:
Carrots have attributed the benefit of keeping their eyes healthy while leafing for high vitamin A content in their roots, it is extremely important to have good vision and healthy eye muscles, over All if you prevent macular degeneration and cataract formation is treated.
How to use carrot leaves?
- Carrot leaves are so engineered that most people are not sure how to absorb or use them, it should be known that they have a good taste and can be bitter, that’s why it’s best to eat them fried. Here are some tips on how to use them:
- Blanche them: to whiten them, put them in a pot of boiling water, and cook for a few minutes, try not to overcook them because they are not meant to be softer. Remove from the warm water and stir well into cold water to slow down the cooking process.
- Soup: Soup is the easiest way to use kitchen scraps, if you add carrot leaves to every soup, you’ll get more calories without losing nutrients. Sautéed: They are very easy to cook, you can add garlic, onions, ginger, and any spice you want, sauté until cooked with the rest of the seasonings.
- Smoothie: If you’re concerned about losing nutrients in the cooking process, you should eat them whole. If you’re a fan of shakes, add a bunch of carrot leaves to your standard recipe.
Sources & References: https://www.planet-today.com/